WAGMAG a Brooklyn Art Guide, is a monthly art guide that promotes art venues and exhibitions in Brooklyn, New York, with a listing service of art exhibitions and events, with locations and times, community maps and critical reviews.
WAGMAG was established in 2001 by a visionary arts team to promote the arts in their local communities of Williamsburg and Greenpoint. Over the years WAGMAG has grown to include other communities in north Brooklyn, and in 2008, in conjunction with ARTfront, Inc., re-launched its program as a non-profit guide to the arts in all of Brooklyn’s varied art communities.
WAGMAG, a Brooklyn Art Guide, now serves the communities of: Bedford-Stuyvesant, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Bushwick, Carroll Gardens, Clinton Hill, Cobble Hill, DUMBO, Fort Greene, Gowanus, Greenpoint, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Red Hook and Williamsburg.
Art venues are listed in community networks with adjoining maps and alphabetical listing of exhibitions updated monthly. As an additional reference, guest writers present recommendations of exhibits to visit, with critical reviews. WAGMAG, a Brooklyn Art Guide, is online and in print with a free 16-page printed guide that is circulated throughout New York and surrounding areas.
Guidelines for inclusion include:
1. Venue must be located in Brooklyn, New York.
2. Exhibition space open at least 2 days a week to the public.
3. Exhibition schedule should include a minimum of 6 exhibitions per year.
4. The primary aim of the business is exhibiting art, with a dedicated exhibition space.
5. Inclusion in WAGMAG, a Brooklyn Art Guide, is subject to board review.
a Brooklyn Art Guide